Below is the timeline for the remainder of the campus migration to Office 365 and the retirement of WiscMail/WiscMail Plus and WiscCal. (updated 10/1/2015)
If you have not yet migrated to Office 365, please see the timeline below for information on when your account will migrate.
September 15 – November 23, 2015
- Mandatory migration of WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts. WiscMail Plus and departmental accounts with confirmed mappings to a NetID will migrate as well.
- Individuals will receive an email notification approximately two weeks before scheduled migration. This will provide an opportunity to start self-migration at a convenient time, if desired. Scheduled migration dates will be non-negotiable; therefore, moving prior to the mandatory migration period will be advantageous for most people.
- Accounts will be migrated in the following order:
- September 15: WiscMail accounts belonging to individuals who have not been added to a departmental migration group by a Migration Partner
- October 20: WiscMail accounts belonging to individuals who are part of a departmental migration group with December migration dates for their Manifest group
- November 3: WiscMail accounts belonging to individuals who are part of a departmental migration group with dates prior to October 20 for their Manifest group
- November 17: All remaining WiscMail accounts, including individuals who have been added to a departmental migration group by a Migration Partner, regardless of Go-Live date
November 23, 2015
- Migration of WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts complete
- WiscMail Plus and external domain group migrations continue
November 24 – December 21, 2015
- Mandatory migration of remaining WiscMail Plus accounts. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be moved.
- To learn more about the mandatory migration process for WiscMail Plus accounts, please visit here.
- Information on the types of WiscMail Plus accounts available can be found here.
December 21, 2015
- Migration of all WiscMail Plus accounts complete
December 22, 2015
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal services retire and decommissioning of the servers used for WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal begins
December 31, 2015
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal servers retire